Header

Header

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Karen, I sent an email to all of the missionaries serving in the stake and asked them to do me a favor (answer one of 7 questions on a video that could be emailed to me). I’m guessing getting a video from Caleb may be difficult but his responses via email were priceless and I thought I should share what he wrote. What an amazing young man and I can tell you he is not alone.  It’s hard to give them up and let them leave but it sure is worth it!
Rich Watts


Hi Rich, 
What I love about being a Missionary is seeing the changes that take place in peoples lives through the gospel, and seeing their eyes light up when they hear about the plan for Eternal Families. Seeing them cry tears of joy when they feel they feel the love of their savior, when they feel that they truly are sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father.  As a missionary my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, to develop that faith and desire to be like their savior unto repentance leading into the making of eternal covenants which bring eternal blessings.  I am serving a mission because the people of Peru don´t know about the plan God has for us and our families.  I am fortunate enough to have this knowledge and how selfish would it have been of me stay home with this knowledge and not share it with others so that they too like my family can live with theirs forever.  My favorite part about serving a mission is the people.  The people here are amazing.  They truly have the love of Christ for others in their eyes.  Whether they see it or not I can.  In the short time I have been a missionary I have learned so much.  I have learned that no matter how much knowledge you have or lack it does not matter because you are not the teacher.  The teacher is the spirit.  You are merely an instrument for God to use to help others.  And how merciful is our Father in Heaven to allow me an imperfect being, to be a mere instrument in spreading such a perfect gospel.  Today I was able to invite a young lady and a family to be baptized.  She has a date set up for baptism and I am so excited for her.  Her family are members but were struggling a little bit with prayer.  We had them pray and in that prayer specifically ask why it is important to pray.  After he prayed he looked up with tears in his eyes and said "I feel special.  I feel Special".  That is why I am serving a mission.  
I know this gospel is true with all my heart.  Our Savior Jesus Christ did everything for others, never thinking merely about himself.  He suffered for us.  For me.  Everytime feeling we will ever have, every trial he knows.  And he gives them to us to make us stronger. To learn and progress. Families are Eternal. I have an Eternal Family.  I cannot thank my father in heaven enough for this. Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ.  Through him we now have the fulness of the restored Gospel and can receive the blessings thereof through this event.  This all started with a prayer.  With a desire to know the truth.  We can know this same truth through the same process and Joseph Smith and know for ourselves the truthfulness of this Gospel and the Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is the word of God and can strengthen us as long as we do our part to ponder and study it daily.  I love my family.  They are the greatest blessing I have in my life and I want everyone to know that.  I am grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary and share the gospel with the people of Peru. 

Elder Harrop 

No comments:

Post a Comment