Header

Header

Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Atonement is Real

I never thought this day would come..... It still doesn´t seem real to me...... To be completely honest, I don´t think i´ve been so scared since the day that I opened my mission call 2 and a half years ago....... 

These past 2 weeks i´ve shared a couple of things that I´ve learned on my mission.  This last one I believe is the most important.  

The most important thing that i´ve really come to understand on my mission.  

Reading about the great missionaries such as Pedro, Pablo, Alma, Nefi, Etc.  Its really
interesting to see that there is always one thing in common.  Very different people but always one thing in common.  I think the best way to say it is written in Preach my Gospel.  "As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the Gospel will Increase"
Every single one of these powerful servants understood the Atonement maybe more than anyone else.  Which made them so powerful.  I think of Peter for example.  He was a personal Witness of the Atonement.  He saw it personally.  He maybe more than anyone else could comprehend it because he was a personal witness.  The scriptures tell us that he fell asleep while Christ was there.  I beleive that even more probable that it was from being tired that it more like how a baby falls asleep.  From crying so hard he literally cried himself to sleep.  From seeing the Savior have to go through that for every human being to step foot on to this earth.  And from his personal witness he knew that everyone needs this Infinite sacrifice.  

Going through all that pain of the sins and afflictions, of the world and he couldn´t die.  The son of God even asked is there another way? what type of horrible thing would even cause The Literal Son of God to ask, "is there another way?"  And God having to say "no".  I love the way that Talmage teaches it that what was it that killed him?  A broken heart.   It wasn´t the pain that he suffered, the afflictions and everything else, it was that the people that he tried to save literally broke his heart. What other way could a God die?    

I hope one day to be able to go to Gethsemane and see the place that it took place.  I know that deep with in that Garden there is a tree eternally stained with the blood of the only perfect being that has been on this planet.  And that blood was shed for me.  Maybe I more than anyone else needs this Atonement.  The Atonement has allowed me to do things I didn´t know were possible.  Has allowed me to overcome things, and reach heights that I didn´t know existed.  The Atonement is real. 

Jesus is The Christ.  The living son of God.  I am so grateful to have been able to represent him these 2 years.  I can honestly say that I have given all I could.  I was not perfect in any sense of the word.  But The one thing that I can say is that I gave it all I could.  

 2 Timothy 4

 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
I fought with everything I had.  If theres one I can say it is that.  Everything is left here.  
Including the old me.  I made the promise to never be the same after.  
Heres one chapter down.  Here goes the next one.  Just like I said going out before the mission. "I have no idea what these next years are going to be like. "  But I know that as we are obedient and do "all that we are able" we will see divine intervention.  
See you guys next Monday.  
Elder Harrop 

It wouldn´t be right to not finish the mission in White.  



No comments:

Post a Comment