Header

Header

Sunday, April 3, 2016

He knows why

March 21, 2016

Well this was one week I won´t forget thats for sure.
We had to travel out 2 during the week to a place called Huacho.  We had a couple training.  Its about just over an hour away but where we have to take those buses that you would take to go on the baseball trips still and so it was interesting trying to coordinate that for a whole zone.  On the bus we got the driver to put on a DVD we have of conference talks and so we basically converted a couple people who were on the bus listening to Pres. Uchtdorf  and his talk "come and join us" hahaha it was really funny.  We went from like some horror movie that put on when he took it out and put on conference.

One spiritual experience I had this week was on the bus coming home from Huacho.  We got on the bus and there wasn´t a lot of seats left.  We found one isle where there was one seat with a father there .  He looked at me and said "would you like to sit here??" and so I sat down and we started to talk.  The noise on this bus was incredibly loud with the movie that they put on the bus  not to mention we left the training at about 10 at night.  I was just praying that I would be able to talk with him. Within a minute the chofer turned the volume down, we started talking more, then while we were talking I remembered that for some reason I had brought an extra Book of Mormon with me. I shared the Restoration with him and focused a lot on the Book of Mormon about how it was written for his family by his ancestors.  The father looked at me shocked.  He lived in our area!!  Imagine that! He lived in our area!  He's married and has a family. As we started talking it was cool because he started to show me pictures of his family and told me how proud he was of his family.  I shared with him a picture of my family. I shared then about eternal families, and he said when can you guys come visit me?? we went by yesterday he had read the Book of Mormon.  He had great questions about it.  I learned a great lesson about everything happens for a reason.  The Lord guides his missionaries to the prepared families even if we have to wait till 10 at night coming home on a late bus ride.  He knows why.  We don´t always know why.
These last couple weeks I have learned a lot about that.  I love the scripture Isaiah 55:8-9.  For my thoughts are not your thoughts. neither are your ways my ways for as the Heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.  I know for a fact this is true.  There have been so many times where I've told myself that makes absolutely no sense,  how in the world or why in the world,  but it works....  always.

I want to finish with asking something of you.  I never have asked to to write me.  you guys always do because your both incredible.  but this time I want you to write me with an answer.

What is it that you hope I learn here on my mission?? or what do you hope that I become by the time I get back??

I love you guys.  Thanks for everything.

Elder Harrop

No comments:

Post a Comment