Header

Header

Monday, September 21, 2015

You will be remembered

Well what a couple of weeks.

So to tell you more about the transfer.  The area I'm in is now ward San Diego, stake Prolima. I'm here as a zone leader with Elder Jeong. It's really different here compared to Pachacutec....
Here it's actually really wealthy and so going from literally dirt floors and wood houses to wealthy places was a bit of a change ill be honest but its alright because the people are still great!!!!  The ward is one of the best wards we have in the mission.  It's famous for the great work that has been done here and President this week talked to me a lot about that.  How great this place really is.  I¨m so grateful to be here!!.  It really is like a mini Utah.  Everyone knows who the mormons are, there are a lot of members here and everyone has at least heard the missionaries once.  So its been a  little bit of an adjustment coming into that but it really is such a great area!!!

I apologize for the letter the past week but really couple things happened and I had trouble with my internet time but now I at least have a little bit more time!!!

Leaving Pachacutec was hard.....  I got a call at lunch telling me that I was getting tranferred and it got leaked out! So we had a family home evening in the house of Luz Carla y Carmen and we invited a bunch of people over ( without telling anyone I was going.  I didn´t want them to know)    andthen my comp at the end of the family night got up and said "my companion will now share his testimony because this may be the last time you see him."  And everyone freaked out. A couple people already knew somehow and went and bought a huge cake as a goodbye and early happy birthday they said. haha It was hard..... I don´t think I've ever taken so many pictures in my  life.....  it was picture after picture after picture and it got crazy but it was awesome.  I will always remember the Branch Los Cedros.  It is definitely a place I will visit again.  That morning they threw another Good bye in the chapel before I left where they gave me more stuff.  I don´t know how it all fit in the suit cases but it just shows how great of a people they are.  Luz y Carla came up to me and she gave me a ring and said "a really good friend of mine gave this to us when we went through one of the hardest times of our lives.  I want you to have it now to always remember that you will be remembered in our home always..."  I was so honored.  I didn´t know what to say.

Now its time to make another chapter in the book here in San Diego!!!!! I'm super excited and its going to be a good time here!!!

I love you all and I wish the best for all of you!!!

Elder Harrop  

No comments:

Post a Comment